The University of Maine System has suspended all discretionary pay increases amid criticism over raises awarded to 44 employees at the University of Southern Maine during a tight budget year, The Bangor Daily News reported. The system will conduct a review of salary increases at all campuses.
- Maine system looks to further centralize its staff, budget and academic programs
- University of Maine System considering umbrella accreditation for its 7 campuses
- Some Nevada faculty question state's decision to reinstate merit pay without ending furloughs
- Strike Halts 2-Year College's Classes
- Whose Job Is It?
- Quick Takes: Presidential Donations, A's at Brown, Busting the Police Chief, Conviction Over 'Low Work' Job, Settlement With Ex-President of Community College of Denver, Plagiarism Vigilante Answers Comments, Stimulus Would Help NIH, Calling Tim and Heidi
- Quick Takes: Faculty Object to Bonuses Based on Student Reviews, California Cuts, Boston U. Plans Cuts to Add Aid, U.S. Sues Luna CC, McCain Picks Up Palin's Critique of Fruit Fly Research, Florida Legislators' College Jobs, Rebound for Fiction
Search for Jobs