Allan Golston, president of U.S. programs at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, will be the interim successor to Hilary Pennington, the foundation's director of education, postsecondary success, and special initiatives, a Gates spokeswoman confirmed. Pennington, who steps down at the end of the month, has played a prominent role in the foundation's college completion push over the last five years. Golston will manage the postsecondary success program until a permanent hire for the position is named, the spokeswoman said.
- New Effort to Encourage States on Completion Goals
- Georgia State University outsources counseling center's clinical staff
- Gates's Own Brain Drain
- Are We Not Teaching Assistants?
- Gates Foundation taps UC's Greenstein to head higher ed work
- Hilary Pennington Will Leave Gates Foundation
- Moving to Scale
- Getting to the Finish Line
Search for Jobs