Laureate Education Inc., a major player in for-profit higher education, is preparing an initial public offering, Reuters reported. The past year has been a tough one for many for-profit entities, but Laureate's international emphasis (half of its revenues come from Brazil, Chile and Mexico, countries experiencing huge increases in demand for higher education) has helped the company grow. Laureate declined to comment for the Reuters report.
- Business is booming for American for-profits in Brazil. Is that good?
- The Alarming Expansion of the For-Profits
- Laureate's growing global network of institutions
- Global and Local
- The Private Sector Role in Global Higher Education
- More Mergers in Brazil
- Another Move From Public to Private
- Investors put $43 million more into MOOC provider Coursera
Search for Jobs