Laureate Education Inc., a major player in for-profit higher education, is preparing an initial public offering, Reuters reported. The past year has been a tough one for many for-profit entities, but Laureate's international emphasis (half of its revenues come from Brazil, Chile and Mexico, countries experiencing huge increases in demand for higher education) has helped the company grow. Laureate declined to comment for the Reuters report.
- Excelsior aims to help take other nonprofits online
- Retiring Education Department official looks back on 30 years of policy
- Essay: Research universities must pay more attention to student learning
- Business is booming for American for-profits in Brazil. Is that good?
- Global and Local
- Rhode Island Weighs Bill to Let Cities Levy Taxes on Nonprofits
- Laureate's growing global network of institutions
- Laureate Describes Plans for Santa Fe
Search for Jobs