New York University, which named the former president of Swarthmore College to lead NYU Abu Dhabi, has named another former campus leader to head NYU Shanghai. This morning NYU named Jeffrey S. Lehman, chancellor and founding dean of the Peking University School of Transnational Law, to lead the Shanghai campus, which will be a full, degree-awarding institution enrolling its first undergraduate class in 2013. The law school Lehman has led in China is the first in that country to teach an American style J.D. curriculum. Formerly, Lehman was president of Cornell University and dean of the law school at the University of Michigan.
- NYU establishes campuses and sites around the globe
- An American Law School in China
- 'Emblematic' Leader for NYU's Abu Dhabi Campus
- 'The World's Honors College?'
- NYU professor is denied entry to the UAE, where the university has a campus
- New York U. hires Oxford leader as its new president
- New York University vote of no confidence raises debate about ambitions and governance models
- NYU confirms end date for Sexton presidency
Search for Jobs