Students and others are protesting plans at the University of Florida to move research functions from the computer science department, allowing it to focus on teaching, The Gainesville Sun reported. Critics say that the plan will diminish the quality of the department, while university officials stress that they must save money to deal with erosion in budget support.
- Essay how colleges and faculty can improve admissions visits
- Is the AAUP about to change course?
- Texas technical colleges want to link state funding and employment outcomes
- Football advisers predict negative athlete outcomes under 9-credit rule
- Cal State Will Keep Grants for Grad Students
- International university group seeks focus on values in global higher ed projects
- Essay on the frustrations of having too much to read
- As Brownsville's university and community college separate, challenges persist
Search for Jobs