Students and others are protesting plans at the University of Florida to move research functions from the computer science department, allowing it to focus on teaching, The Gainesville Sun reported. Critics say that the plan will diminish the quality of the department, while university officials stress that they must save money to deal with erosion in budget support.
- Cutting Computer Science Departments While Teaching More Students to Program?
- Divisive Semester at Florida
- Quick Takes: Harvard Studies Teaching, More Missing AP Tests, Gubernatorial Favorite Rejects Apollo Founder's Funds, 2 Students Murdered at Shepherd, UMass Trustee Purge, Vaccines at Kent State, Students Are Supersizing, Florida Learns Roman Numerals
- New Southern Maine cuts announced after months of protest over old ones
- Essay on opportunities for humanities programs in digital era
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories