Occupy Student Debt, an offshoot of the Occupy movement focusing on student debt and urging students to pledge not to repay their loans if other borrowers join them, is planning several events Wednesday to commemorate the total amount of student debt passing $1 trillion. "Demonstrations and creative actions" are planned for Union Square, in New York; the headquarters and regional offices of the student lender Sallie Mae; and at colleges across the country, including the University of Chicago, Brooklyn College, Cooper Union, Hampshire College, the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and the University of California at Santa Cruz.
- How student debt became a focus of the presidential campaign
- U. of California faculty union says MOOCs undermine professors' intellectual property
- Essay questions wisdom of canceling all student debt
- #EDU12 - Prepping for EDUCAUSE
- Will Growth End Santa Cruz's Uniqueness?
- Long Distance Mom: Occupy the Holidays
- Fixing Debt
- Quick Takes: Violence Threat Shuts Exhibit, Walkout at Hampshire, Double Standard Alleged, Grand Jury Probes Noose Incident, Furor Over Ashcroft Visit to Skidmore, Ohio Higher Ed Reforms, UMass Online in China, Apologies at Lehigh, British Prodigies
Search for Jobs