The union for tenured and tenure-track faculty members at Macomb Community College, which has been independent of national unions since its founding in 1967, has voted to affiliate with the American Federation of Teachers. Dawn Roberts, president of the Macomb Community College Faculty Organization, issued a statement in which she said: "MCCFO is a strong and effective union. But with the mounting attacks on unions and public K-16 education, it is imperative that we affiliate with the larger labor movement in order to remain viable and effective. AFT brings broad experience, effective representation, and technical expertise that will be of great benefit to our members."
- AFT and Freelancers Union announce new effort to help adjuncts with insurance
- Unusual Union Battle
- Defining Academic Freedom for 2007
- Two Unions Court Adjuncts in Philadelphia Market
- Montana State tenure-track faculty members vote on decertifying union
- Help Wanted: Low-Cost Adjuncts
- Organizing harder but possible in states without collective bargaining agreements
- Will Professors Sign Up?
Search for Jobs