4 Killed in Raid on Syrian University
May 3, 2012
Opposition leaders report that Syrian security forces raided dormitories at the Aleppo University Wednesday, killing four students, injuring others and arresting at least 50, the Associated Press reported.
- The fund raising drive for Syrian scholars and students continues
- Organizations make $2 million commitment to aid Syrian students and scholars.
- Quick Takes: Deadly Shooting in Montreal, $5.25 Million Settlement in Mankato Crash, Expense Report Brings Down Omaha Chancellor, Fact Finding at Eastern Michigan, Approval for Founders College, CUNY's Largest Gift, College Football's Tonya Harding?
- Report outlines attacks on universities and academics around the world
- Action and Realism on Security
- Quick Takes: Taser Incident at UCLA, Professors of the Year, Guilt Admitted in Deadly Fire, Protest Over Cal State Perk, Recruiting Minority Med Students, Earmark Oversight
- Shootings at two campuses in same day each leave a freshman dead
- Quick Takes: Mo. Won't Vote on Affirmative Action, Crash Kills President of Christian Brothers U., Retention Strategies, Causes of Campus Incidents, Shift on Copyright by Rockefeller U. Press, Student Pessimism, Withholding Rule Opposed, Assault Described
Search for Jobs
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
A New University with a Long History The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley was created by the Texas Legislature in 2013 in a historic move that...
One of sixteen colleges comprising the South Carolina Technical College System, the Technical College of the Lowcountry traces its origin to the...