Charitable giving to education at all levels hit $38.87 billion 2011, a 4 percent increase, according to the annual "Giving USA" study, released today. Adjusted for inflation, the increase is just under 1 percent, reflecting the slow recovery in giving following the economic downturn of 2008.
- Quick Takes: Charitable Giving Up 3.9%, Texas Debates Alternative Certification, Proposal for Free Community Colleges, New Visa Category, Journalism Schools and New Media, Final TEACH Rules, Veterans' Aid, 4-Day Weeks, Advocate for Deaf Computer Science
- Quick Takes: Gifts to Education Up 9.8%, Anger on DePaul Tenure Cases, Alumni Fury at Antioch, Strike Looms in Pa., New Mex. State Settles With Muslims, Miss. Valley President Quits, Minn. and Wis. Resolve Dispute, Trent Rejects Sports Scholarships
- Survey shows slight increase in contributions to colleges
- Charitable giving to higher education restored to pre-recession levels, report indicates
- Giving to colleges grew 8.2 percent in 2011
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories