The Research Universities Futures Consortium, a group of 25 research universities across the country released a report Thursday highlighting the challenges facing the universities. The report identifies six major issues: increased competition over scarce resources, the increased cost of regulatory compliance and the lack of indirect cost recovery, the lack of standardized performance metrics, the lack of proper infrastructure to analyze data, poor communication about the value of research universities, and the lack of proper understanding of the complexities of research administration and leadership.
The report echoes many of the concerns found in the National Research Council's latest report on actions that state and federal lawmakers, research universities, and businesses can take to ensure that the country's research universities maintain their position as the best in the world.
- UNC-Chapel Hill Chancellor Holden Thorp to become provost at Washington University in St. Louis
- Seeking Big Bucks for Science Education
- Moving the needle on college completion, thoughtfully (essay)
- Rutgers president faces controversy on multiple fronts, including athletics
- Indonesia seeks higher education strategy to fill its needs gap
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories