The Research Universities Futures Consortium, a group of 25 research universities across the country released a report Thursday highlighting the challenges facing the universities. The report identifies six major issues: increased competition over scarce resources, the increased cost of regulatory compliance and the lack of indirect cost recovery, the lack of standardized performance metrics, the lack of proper infrastructure to analyze data, poor communication about the value of research universities, and the lack of proper understanding of the complexities of research administration and leadership.
The report echoes many of the concerns found in the National Research Council's latest report on actions that state and federal lawmakers, research universities, and businesses can take to ensure that the country's research universities maintain their position as the best in the world.
- Liberal arts college explore uses of 'blended' online learning
- Summer and the Course Redesign Is Easy (essay)
- Humor: Our columnist fails out of clown college
- Politicians and pundits ramp up questions about value of degrees
- Academic Minute: Soy Diets and Primate Evolution
- New Jersey Legislators Approve Higher Ed Restructuring
- Audit Threatens U.S. Funds for Replacing Flood-Damaged Facilities at U. of Iowa
- Administrators warned about sham schools that target international students
Search for Jobs