- Did the Department Drop the Ball?
- The UK Tightens Immigration Regulations for International Students -- Good News -- Others Need to Follow Suit
- Multi-state investigation of for-profits stays local, so far
- The Senate Scrutiny Begins
- Quick Takes: U.S. Proposes Fee Hike for Foreign Students, Calif. Students Protest Budget Cuts, Clarence Thomas Invite Roils UGA, $60 Million for Undergraduate Science, B-School Turnover, Terrorism Charges Dropped Against Buffalo Professor, Yale Art Furor
Spurred in part by a critical audit of the American system of monitoring student visas, a group of U.S. senators said Tuesday that they would introduce legislation aimed at tightening controls on institutions that enroll foreign students. The comments by Sen. Charles Schumer and others came at a hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee, which followed last week's release of a Government Accountability Office report finding that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which manages the Student and Exchange Visitor Program, has inadequate processes in place to investigate, identify and combat fraud.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories