Regent University announced Wednesday that it plans to filed a trademark complaint against the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia for naming two merged institutions Georgia Regents University, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. Before the Georgia regents voted on the name, Regent University expressed concern about the plan. The Georgia system declined to comment. Georgia Regents University combines Augusta State and Georgia Health Sciences Universities.
- Georgia officials hope Georgia State U. can improve a local two-year college by taking it over
- Secret merger, now public, meets opposition in Georgia
- Georgia university system proposes consolidation of 8 campuses
- Rutgers president faces controversy on multiple fronts, including athletics
- Quick Takes: Visa Rules for U.S. and China, More Ga. Nepotism, Another Enron Settlement
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories