Tim Gunn was a faculty member at Parsons The New School for Design before "Project Runway" occupied too much of his time. A new meme imagines Gunn as an outside committee member helping to prod a doctoral student to the finish line. With advice such as "I hate two-part titles, but they're very now," and "I think your article is confused about its genre," on photos of Gunn advising would-be designers, the meme is attracting followers.
The meme is the work of a husband-and-wife team: Sarah Summers, a Ph.D. student in rhetoric and composition at Pennsylvania State University, and Bill Riley, a recent M.F.A. grad. Via e-mail, Summers explained: "We're both 'Project Runway' fans. Last week we were marveling at how Tim Gunn manages to be critical and incisive while also being encouraging. Working on a book project and a dissertation, we realized that a kindhearted kick in the pants seems pretty valuable!"
Make it work.
- AAUP Critiques System of Reviewing Human-Subjects Research
- Faculty panel throws roadblock at plan for 'self-sufficiency' in UCLA b-school
- Essay on what new faculty members need to know about salaries
- Essay on James Harvey Robinson centennial and 'Doing Recent History'
- Cal State Faculty Union Endorses New Contract
- Pennsylvania officials examining president's role on board in wake of Sandusky scandal
- New Group Purchasing Option for E-Textbooks
- Aspen Names 10 Finalists for 2nd Community College Prize
Search for Jobs