- New presidents provosts UAE Great Basin Haverford NSC Potomac UCSD Tulsa
- Quick Takes: Study on Deadly Fires, New NIH Database on Genetics, Fired President Teaches Accounting, Man Tries to Kill Ex-Boss at U. of Tulsa
- Quick Takes: Affair Prompts University President to Quit, Turnover Possible at AAUP, 3 Marshall Students Killed, Tasered Student Sues UCLA, SMU President Defends Bush Library Plan, New Take on International Competition, MTV Buys RateMyProfessors
- Quick Takes: Hoax at Harvard, Travel Ban Upheld, Deal on Guns in Utah, Message for Governors, Chicago Won't Divest, Apologies at Clemson, 14 Years for Scientist Who Molested, Fighting at Islamic U., Poor Little Rich Heiress, Shower Manners at Yale
- The 'Vagina Monologues' Test
The University of Tulsa on Wednesday night fired Geoffrey Orsak as president, a position he had held for only 74 days, The Tulsa World reported. The day before, the university announced that Orsak was taking a leave to care for his seriously ill father. But the announcement Wednesday did not say why the president was dismissed. In his own statement, Orsak said, "I am very disappointed given the lengthy due diligence process for the position that within such a short period of time the board has decided to go in a different direction." Previously, Orsak had been dean of engineering at Southern Methodist University.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories