Mitchell College, in Connecticut, is laying off seven professors, 20 percent of the full-time faculty, The Day reported. College officials said that they were forced to take action because enrollment this fall is 720 full-time students, not the expected 760. The faculty members losing their jobs have been at the college for between 2 and 10 years.
- U. of Southern Maine's president says she'll work with faculty to avoid layoffs
- The Future of the Contingent Faculty Movement
- AAUP Reports Condemn Felician, U of Southern Maine
- State authorization reciprocity effort passes 'tipping point,' supporters say
- Fight over layoffs at University of Southern Maine boils over
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories