Civic leaders in and around Alpine, Texas have been talking about whether Sul Ross State University should leave the Texas State University System and join another one, such as that of Texas Tech University, The New York Times reported. Advocates for Sul Ross say that the Texas State system has not been appropriately concerned about recent enrollment declines, which Sul Ross supporters fear could lead to program eliminations. University officials themselves have not advocated such a change. (Note: This item was updated from an earlier version to clarify where the push is coming from.)
- New presidents or provosts: AB Tech Bacone Fort Smith Kingsborough Lone Star Monmouth NJCU Sul Ross
- North Carolina governor joins chorus of Republicans critical of liberal arts
- New Presidents or Provosts: College of Mount Saint Vincent, Sul Ross State U., U. of Georgia, West Virginia U.
- Public HBCUs, facing tests on many fronts, fight for survival
- Promoting Liberal Education
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories