Morehouse College on Monday announced that its next president would be John S. Wilson Jr., executive director of the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Wilson is a Morehouse alumnus who held administrative positions at George Washington University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology before joining the Obama administration. In that role, he argued that black colleges needed to move beyond a narrative about past oppression and to focus instead on the qualities of the institutions today that would appeal to students, philanthropists and government agencies. Morehouse, the alma mater of Martin Luther King Jr. and numerous leaders of the civil rights movement, has long played a crucial role in educating black men.
- Adjunct Organizing at St. Joseph's
- Modest Raises for Community College CEOs
- Filmmaker explores international students' post-graduation challenges
- More Than Appearances
- Obama's Social Science 'Dream Team'
- Thiel Fellowships don't require students to drop out
- Report: State merit aid influences residency decisions of few graduates
- IT Official Arrested for Kidnapping and Rape in Campus Building
Search for Jobs