A new website, Science Works for Us, has been launched to document the impact on federally supported research of the possible across-the-board budget cut (or sequestration) that looms if President Obama and Congress don't reach a budget deal. The site was created by the Association of American Universities, the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities, and the Science Coalition. Among the features is a state-by-state map showing how much money would be lost to university research if sequestration goes forward.
- SUNY Buffalo disbands controversial center that studied fracking
- College cuts adjuncts' hours to avoid Affordable Care Act costs
- Maryland departs ACC for Big Ten Conference
- As Congress negotiates budget, new survey highlights strain of sequester cuts on university research
- New presidents provosts: Allied Dakota State Missouri State Nipissing NOVA-Manassas UNR UT Health
- Senator Marco Rubio: "I'm Not a Scientist, Man"
- Zakiya Smith to leave White House for think tank
- U of All People gets into MOOC madness (essay)
Search for Jobs