- Second Guessing a Conference
- Committee Equities and Inequities
- Quick Takes: Call to Restore 'Public Good' in Medical Education, Harvard Seeks Low-Income Students From Britain, Access to Environmental Research, Gains for 'Dual Enrollment' Students, Gender Gap in Canada, Is Sex Trade Financing Tuition in France?
- Neumann's major NCAA violation: grants for Canadians
- Colleges across country adopting affirmative consent sexual assault policies
When Canada started a new program to support endowed chairs at its research universities in 2010, and no women were selected, many academics were alarmed. The government responded by commissioning a study by the Council of Canadian Academies, which issued a report last week on the state of women in the country's universities. The report found continued underrepresentation in the highest ranks of research universities, and "no single solution" to the disparities. Generally, the study found similarities between the proportion and challenges of women in Canadian research universities and those of other economically advanced nations.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories