Governor Chris Gregoire, who is finishing her time leading Washington State, has appointed her daughter to the board of the Seattle Community Colleges, The Seattle Times reported. The appointment was made October 29, but was not announced until Tuesday. A spokesman for the governor said that Courtney Gregoire, a lawyer for Microsoft who has worked as a legislative director in the U.S. Senate and deputy chief of staff for the U.S. Department of Commerce, has "more than ample experience to serve on this community college board."
- Virginia governor calls for finality from Tuesday's meeting
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Just Did It
- Washington State creates public-private scholarship fund
- UVa board poised to reappoint ousted president, but not without objection
- Essay: Washington college grant program favors vocational over liberal education
- The Inevitable Happens in Ohio
- How Does It Make You Feel?
Search for Jobs