The American Historical Association, trying to build buzz for its annual meeting in January in New Orleans, is asking historians for names of drinks to be served at hotel bars during the meeting. Among the nominees that have come in so far: ABD, Postmodern Turn, Oral History ("your mouth will never forget it"), the Jacobite Rebellion ("Scotch with just a soupcon of haggis floating in it") and the Dead White Male.
- Ask the Administrator: The Trial Run
- Essay on job-hunting as a humanities ABD
- Long Distance Mom: Should my son become a college professor?
- Quick Takes: Postdoc Poison, Cuts at Ashland, Racist Comments at Lehigh
- Essay on how academics talk to non-academics
- Turning Down Internal Candidates
- Higher ed should create an alternative to ABD status (essay)
- Planning: Freezing Eggs
Search for Jobs