John Sperling, who founded the Apollo Group and its University of Phoenix in 1972, will retire as executive chairman of the company's board of directors at the end of this month, Apollo announced today. His son, Peter Sperling, will take over as the board's chairman.
- John Sperling, Founder of U. of Phoenix, Dies at 93
- Two companies give faculty more control of online courses
- Apollo Group Founder's Nice Retirement Package
- Survey: Board members think college is too expensive, but not at their institutions
- Readier for Prime Time?
- For-Profit Owners Sell Lots of Stock
- Apollo Goes Global
- Protests at Morgan State Over Ouster of President
Search for Jobs