John Sperling, who founded the Apollo Group and its University of Phoenix in 1972, will retire as executive chairman of the company's board of directors at the end of this month, Apollo announced today. His son, Peter Sperling, will take over as the board's chairman.
- Readier for Prime Time?
- Quick Takes: Harvard Studies Teaching, More Missing AP Tests, Gubernatorial Favorite Rejects Apollo Founder's Funds, 2 Students Murdered at Shepherd, UMass Trustee Purge, Vaccines at Kent State, Students Are Supersizing, Florida Learns Roman Numerals
- New presidents provosts catawba chabot culver-stockton fresno houston baptist ivy tech nyls
- In Search of Evidence, and Acceptance
- Apollo Goes Global
- 'Lessons From the Edge'
- Redefining Colleges' Costs and Benefits
- Essay by the University of Phoenix's new president on quality at the for-profit
Search for Jobs