Columbia University on Monday announced that Mortimer B. Zuckerman has pledged $200 million to endow a Mind Brain Behavior Institute to support interdisciplinary neuroscience research. The institute will involve faculty members from Columbia's arts and sciences, engineering and medical colleges.
- Quick Takes: Judge Rejects Anti-Evolution Suit Against Berkeley, $200M to Columbia for Neuroscience, $200M to NYU for Ancient World, Soccer Deal for Rowan, Maine Calls Off Merger, Stem Cell Researcher Fired, Improving Job Market for New Grads
- Budget proposal includes increase in research funding
- Quick Takes: New Push by Cuomo on Loan Companies, Faculty Bonuses for College Performance, Concerns on Hookah Smoking, Palin's Many Colleges, Budget Mess Endangers California Grants, $400M for Biomedical Institute, Did Jokes Kill a Grad Student Handbook?
- Quick Takes: Columbia Expansion Approved, New Suit by Christian Group, Haverford and Tufts End Loans, Michigan Raids SUNY, Tensions at St. Cloud State, Profs on Drugs, Toronto Kills Its 'Animal House'
- Voters approve bond measures for college facilities
- A Good Year for Endowments
- Expanding Portfolio
- Innovation as a Way of Life
Search for Jobs