Columbia University on Monday announced that Mortimer B. Zuckerman has pledged $200 million to endow a Mind Brain Behavior Institute to support interdisciplinary neuroscience research. The institute will involve faculty members from Columbia's arts and sciences, engineering and medical colleges.
- Israeli Universities Get $100 Million for STEM Research
- Quick Takes: Judge Rejects Anti-Evolution Suit Against Berkeley, $200M to Columbia for Neuroscience, $200M to NYU for Ancient World, Soccer Deal for Rowan, Maine Calls Off Merger, Stem Cell Researcher Fired, Improving Job Market for New Grads
- Quick Takes: Columbia Expansion Approved, New Suit by Christian Group, Haverford and Tufts End Loans, Michigan Raids SUNY, Tensions at St. Cloud State, Profs on Drugs, Toronto Kills Its 'Animal House'
- Budget proposal includes increase in research funding
- Institute of Medicine Elects 65 New Members
- 3 Share Nobel in Medicine
- Quick Takes: MacArthur Names 'Genius' Fellows, Columbia Ends Loans for Low-Income Students, CEO Alma Maters, Princeton Plans Expansion in African-American Studies, Student Loan Whistle Blower Emerges, Keg Ban Panned
- Quick Takes: NYU Grad Students Prepare to Strike, Supreme Court Rejects Patent Appeal, GAO Finds Flaws in D.C. Tuition Program, Report Finds Huge Unmet Need for Students
Search for Jobs