Scientists in Spain have been holding protests all week over cuts to research budgets, Nature reported. Government spending on science has been cut by 39 percent since 2009. In Madrid, scientists released balloons to symbolize the departure of talent from the country.
- U. of District of Columbia Fires President
- The fund raising drive for Syrian scholars and students continues
- Congress should end tax breaks for wealthy universities (essay)
- Reported Sex Assaults Up 23% at Military Academies
- Layoffs, Pay Cuts at City College of San Francisco
- College presidents urge Obama to act on gun violence, pledge support
- Spain tries to keep higher ed reform moving in a time of austerity
- Would You Wear These Glasses to Teach?
Search for Jobs