Scientists in China are calling for reforms of the system of distributing funds for research, China Daily reported. Government officials and university administrators now make some of the decisions about which projects should be funded. Scientists want senior scholars to play more of a role, since they understand the potential of various projects seeking funding.
- Documenting China's Higher Ed Explosion
- De-bureaucratization within China's Universities
- Universities 2030: Learning from the Past to Anticipate the Future
- Rose-Colored Glasses on China?
- Quick Takes: Anger at Irvine, Shift in B-School Admissions, Returning to Harvard, Immigrant Aid Dispute, Suit on Kentucky Trustees, Incentives for Washington's 2-Year Colleges, Assessing Graduate Education in China
- Study says academic productivity, not race, determines NIH research funding
- Academic researchers using crowdfunding platforms
Search for Jobs