Daniel LaVista, chancellor of the Los Angeles Community College District since 2010, has announced he will be leaving the position, The Los Angeles Times reported. During his tenure, the district has dealt with severe state-imposed budget cuts and faced considerable scrutiny over management of a massive construction program.
- Upwardly Mobile Academic: Rocky Young
- Quick Takes: New Chancellor in LA, SW Michigan Loses Tax Vote, Sit-In Ends at Hawaii
- Quick Takes: Anger at Irvine, Shift in B-School Admissions, Returning to Harvard, Immigrant Aid Dispute, Suit on Kentucky Trustees, Incentives for Washington's 2-Year Colleges, Assessing Graduate Education in China
- Quick Takes: Court Rejects Ark. Ex-Coach's Suit, Caltech Names President, Layoffs at Case Western, Delaware Drops Early Decision, Hack Attack at Sacred Heart, Debate Team Drug Use, Support for Free Speech in Pa.
- Quick Takes: Decline in Black Freshmen Stuns UCLA, Taylor U. Defends Role in Post-Crash Error, Court Upholds Knight Firing, Basic Research Funds Drop, Turnover in Texas, Scrutiny for Pittsburgh Community College, Capital President Out, G8 on Education
- Ethnic Tensions in Dallas
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
Search for Jobs