Florida Atlantic University has agreed to name its football stadium for a company, GEO Group, that runs private prisons, The New York Times reported. University officials are defending the deal, saying that they need private money for athletics and that GEO officials have strong ties to the institution. A number of groups have over the years raised questions about GEO Group's management of prisons, and some say that the university should not be using a major facility to promote the company.
- If They Build It ...
- New documentary shows academic, moral and financial costs of college sports
- UNIVERSITY SPORTS IN THE AGE OF THE DSM
- Quick Takes: Why Students Lean Left, Reforms Pledged of Rutgers Athletics, Shooting Death at Northeast Lakeview, NIH Oversight of Emory, Gay Rights Supporters Arrested at Palm Beach Atlantic, SUNY Students Want to Pay More, From Hopkins to Salk Institute
- Dealing With Fine Print
- Temple U. professors accused of not sufficiently reporting funding source of their research on private prisons
- Laureate's growing global network of institutions
- 'Is William Martinez Not Our Brother?'
Search for Jobs