Florida Atlantic University has agreed to name its football stadium for a company, GEO Group, that runs private prisons, The New York Times reported. University officials are defending the deal, saying that they need private money for athletics and that GEO officials have strong ties to the institution. A number of groups have over the years raised questions about GEO Group's management of prisons, and some say that the university should not be using a major facility to promote the company.
- Campus IT officials discuss Oxford's Google Docs block
- Community college learns that boosting retention comes with a cost
- Essay on issues related to what digital scholarship 'counts' for tenure and promotion
- Survey shows slight increase in contributions to colleges
- Florida International University attempts to infuse global learning across the curriculum
- Review of C.L.R. James, "Toussaint Louverture: The Story of the Only Successful Slave Revolt in History. A Play in Three Acts"
- Clerical Workers Unionize at U. of Akron
- Academic Minute: Seafloor Microbes
Search for Jobs