Tensions are growing over the board of the Southern Illinois University System, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Illinois Governor Pat Quinn removed three trustees. They all happened to be trustees who blocked another terms as board chair for an appointee of the governor's. Now, board members, administrators and politicians are all raising questions about the way the board functions.
- (Alleged) Crime and (Delayed) Punishment?
- Quick Takes: $850,000 Awarded in Harassment Suit, Newspaper Adviser Regains Job, Governor Attacks Harvard for Khatami Invite, Bias Seen in British Salaries, Academic Purge Sought in Iran
- Oh Governor, Where Art Thou?
- Quick Takes: Conflicts of IRB Members, Unwanted Neighbors for Madison Lab, Investigation of Southern U. Board Leader, Deadly Fire at Missouri-St. Louis Frat, Wage Debate at Vanderbilt, NCAA Rejects Idea on Black Coaches, Grawemeyer in Education
- Saint Louis U. faculty and board at stalemate over fate of president and vice president
- Foxes Guard Illinois Henhouse
- Quick Takes: Tax Issue for 10-Month Profs, Sallie Mae Pledges Loans for All, 9-Week TA Strike at McGill May End, Dartmouth Alumni Reject Suit, Out With the Old, Bill Clinton Pulls Out of UCLA Speech, Graduation on the Road
- Quick Takes: Reactor Security Faulted, Students Prevent a Suicide, Open Access at Harvard?, Questions on Colorado Nominee, Newspapers Stolen, Key Leader for Academic Labor, Rightsizing at Talladega, Sudden Departure at Webster, President Loses Tenure
Search for Jobs