A Washington think tank that focuses on the impact of government policy decisions on low-income students issued a report Tuesday aimed at documenting the extent of state budget cuts for higher education and arguing that they are hurting students and state economies. The report from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities largely mirrored the findings of recent studies by the State Higher Education Executive Officers and others.
- Weak Community College Budgets
- Federal report warns that aid proposals could hurt low-income minority students
- 'Low-Income Students and the Perpetuation of Inequality'
- UVa backs away from loan-free offer to its poorest students
- Looking Toward 2025
- Report documents university systems' progress on college access and success
- No Room for the Needy?
- A Nation's Colleges at Risk
Search for Jobs