Brenda Scheer, dean of the University of Utah architecture school, resigned on Thursday, following an 11-year tenure and a recent period of controversy, The Salt Lake Tribune reported. Scheer has been criticized for the resignation of Prescott Muir as architecture chair. Students and faculty members accused Scheer of forcing Muir out, prompting her to apologize and Muir to agree to continue in the role. But the criticism of Scheer continued.
- Universities and newspapers join forces to expand staffing
- Why was the FAU student suspended in the 'Jesus' case?
- APA forms committee to tackle sexual harassment in philosophy departments
- Utah Dean Apologizes and a Chair Rescinds Resignation
- Luther Seminary makes deep cuts to faculty and staff amid tough times for theological schools
- The Conference Connoisseurs review restaurants for academics (essay)
- Academic Minute: Hugo, History, and 'Les Misérables'
- Essay on being appointed to a college task force
Search for Jobs