French studies is fading at many Canadian universities outside of Quebec, The Globe and Mail reported. Relatively few students are signing up for the programs, the article said, and budget cuts have led universities to close or shrink programs with low enrollments.
- More Aid ≠ More Graduates
- Quick Takes: Southern-New Orleans Slashes Programs, Enrollment Stability, Conservatives Bash Wellesley, American Distance Ed in India, Ford Grants for 'Difficult Dialogues'
- Catching Up to Canada
- Quick Takes: Call to Restore 'Public Good' in Medical Education, Harvard Seeks Low-Income Students From Britain, Access to Environmental Research, Gains for 'Dual Enrollment' Students, Gender Gap in Canada, Is Sex Trade Financing Tuition in France?
- Quick Takes: Ontario Union Wants Boycott of Israeli Academics, Obama's College Costs Discussion, More Scrutiny of Congressional Earmarks, U. of California Refunds, Gotham Book Mart's Legacy at Penn
- Oh, Canada
- Take Me Away, Country Roads
- On Being A Feminist Role Model in the Classroom, Revisited, Part 2
Search for Jobs