WASHINGTON -- While the Pell Grant is exempt from the mandatory, across-the-board budget cuts that went into effect in March, other federal higher education grants are not. Iraq-Afghanistan Service Grants, for the children of members of the military killed in action, have been cut back by 10 percent for new recipients beginning March 1, the Education Department announced in guidance issued Friday. TEACH Grants, for students planning to become teachers in high-need areas, have been reduced by 7.1 percent.
- Maximum Pell, at All Costs
- Dire predictions and uncertainty as sequester is set to take effect tonight
- Budget Bill Advances in Senate
- Obama administration seeks to cut off some aid to poorly performing teacher prep programs
- Higher education groups criticize Education Department estimate of how much teacher prep regulations will cost
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories