A majority of the 18 universities in Quebec have said they will leave the association that represents postsecondary institutions in the province, University Affairs reported. According to the publication, the institutions are unhappy about how well the group has represented their needs, partly because of its muted response to recent government budget cuts.
- In Canada, a push for international students -- and immigrants
- More Aid ≠ More Graduates
- Quick Takes: Harvard Approves Gen Ed Reforms, Intelligent Design Backer Appeals Tenure Denial, Pace President Quits, File Sharing Shut Down, Out Coach Out of Job, Canadian Dispute on Distance Ed, Budget Fight, Push for Tax Credits, The Summers Settlement
- On Strike!
- More Legal Risk for Canada's Universities
- Quick Takes: Registrars and Students Oppose Higher Ed Bill, Oxford Creates Investment Fund, Affordability in U.S. and Canada, Still Crusading at Northwest Nazarene
- Tired, Burnt-Out, Feeling Done
- U of San Francisco gives gaokao-based admissions a try in China
Search for Jobs