LaGuardia Community College's enhanced GED preparation program substantially boosts GED pass rates and the likelihood of college enrollment, according to a newly released study by MDRC, a nonprofit social research firm. Students in the program, which is designed to serve as a pathway to college and careers, were more than twice as likely to pass the high school equivalency exam as were students in traditional GED prep courses. They were also three times as likely to enroll in college.
- Beyond 'Tough Choices'
- Accelerated associate degree track at CUNY pays off and earns fans
- GED numbers down amid time of transition for high school equivalency exams
- Forgotten Segment of the Educational Pipeline
- New GED angles to be substitute for popular college placement test
- CUNY and NY Health Department work to spread birth control awareness to raise completion
- GED faces competition as states weigh two new entrants
- At second higher ed summit, Obama administration mixes praise and accountability
Search for Jobs