- Virginia governor reappoints controversial U.Va. board member
- U.Va. board reinstates president Sullivan and prepares for strategic planning effort
- U.Va. Board Reinstates Sullivan as President
- UVa board poised to reappoint ousted president, but not without objection
- Questions about U.Va.'s COO Strine show complicated loyalties of administrators
Stephen Colbert gave the valedictory address at the University of Virginia on Saturday, and he couldn't resist getting in a dig at the controversy last year in which the board ousted Teresa Sullivan as president, only to hire her back after faculty members, alumni and others protested the removal of a president they admired. In remarks at about 1:30 in the clip below, Colbert thanked President Sullivan, and added: "You are way better than that last president, Teresa Sullivan. She was terrible. I am so glad they cut her loose."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories