The UNCF, known since its days as the United Negro College Fund, is adding on to its famous slogan that "a mind is a terrible thing to waste." The New York Times reported that the UNCF wants more of an emphasis on the positive impact of supporting the education of students at historically black colleges. So the longstanding tag line (in use since 1972) has been altered to "a mind is a terrible thing to waste but a wonderful thing to invest in."
- 'Envisioning Black Colleges'
- Quick Takes: Admissions Hype '08, New Symbols for UNCF, Aid Effort for U. of California, LSU Chancellor Out, Mars Hill Settlement
- Essay urges UNCF to reject major gift from Koch brothers
- UNCF receives $25m from Koch brothers, prompting praise and anger
- Free community college plan is expanded to include black colleges and minority-serving institutions
- Essay on why students at black colleges will benefit from Koch grant to UNCF
- Wanna Go to College? Click Here
- Detectives at Office Hours
Search for Jobs