The UNCF, known since its days as the United Negro College Fund, is adding on to its famous slogan that "a mind is a terrible thing to waste." The New York Times reported that the UNCF wants more of an emphasis on the positive impact of supporting the education of students at historically black colleges. So the longstanding tag line (in use since 1972) has been altered to "a mind is a terrible thing to waste but a wonderful thing to invest in."
- 'Envisioning Black Colleges'
- Editors of new volume discuss book about academic mothers
- Higher ed discovers competency, again (essay)
- Quick Takes: Admissions Hype '08, New Symbols for UNCF, Aid Effort for U. of California, LSU Chancellor Out, Mars Hill Settlement
- Union Severs Ties to UNCF, Citing Koch Grant
- Essay urges UNCF to reject major gift from Koch brothers
- Academic Minute: Age and Empathy
- New book on gender, family and academe shows how kids affect careers in higher education
Search for Jobs