Public higher education and states need a "new compact" to promote the needs of states and colleges, according to a new report by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. The report urges public colleges and universities to adopt accountability measures, deal with concerns about college affordability, link priorities to state needs and report on institutional outcomes. But the report stresses that these commitments will be difficult to make without consistent state financial support.
- Call for a New 'Social Compact'
- Call for Change in New York
- Another Call for Assessment
- Another Way on Unit Records
- Survey finds that business executives aren't focused on the majors of those they hire
- NACUBO agenda for public universities dominated by efficiency and revenue growth
- Saving the Soul of Public Research Universities
- Breakthrough on Open Access
Search for Jobs