The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has filed an objection to a unionization bid by faculty members at the University Laboratory High School that the campus runs, The News-Gazette reported. The union organizers say that these faculty members are entitled to collective bargaining. But the university says that these teachers are part of a larger group of non-tenure-track faculty members at Urbana-Champaign, and that any consideration of a union should involve all such instructors, not just those at the high school.
- U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign faculty watch strike at Chicago campus closely
- U of Illinois releases inappropriately withheld emails on controversies over Salaita and Kilgore
- Contract renewal for adjunct with criminal past raises academic freedom concerns at Illinois
- Resignation of Illinois technology administrator raises questions of centralization of IT
- U. Illinois board votes 'No' on Salaita appointment
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories