Obama Will Honor 12 With Humanities Medals
July 9, 2013
President Obama has named 12 people to receive the National Humanities medal:
- Edward L. Ayers, president of the University of Richmond and historian of the Civil War era.
- William G. Bowen, former president of Princeton University, and author of books about higher education.
- Jill Ker Conway, former president of Smith College.
- Natalie Zemon Davis, Henry Charles Lea Professor of History Emeritus.
- Frank Deford, the sports writer.
- Joan Didion, the essayist and novelist.
- Robert D. Putnam, professor of government at Harvard University.
- Marilynne Robinson, the novelist.
- Kay Ryan, former poet laureate of the United States.
- Robert B. Silvers, co-founder of The New York Review of Books.
- Anna Deavere Smith, the actress and playwright.
- Camilo José Vergara, the photographer.
More details about the honorees may be found here.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Mission Strayer University makes high-quality post-secondary education accessible to adult learners of diverse backgrounds and fosters their...
The Stella and Charles Guttman Community College at CUNY is an urban public institution that offers associate degree programs in an environment that...