- Sexual assault activists protest level of federal Title IX enforcement
- Swarthmore actions on sexual assault likely to help OCR case
- U.S. finds Tufts is violating rules on sexual assault, amid larger crackdown
- Accused of rape, men allege discrimination under Title IX
- Colleges often win reduction in fines for federal campus safety violations
Swarthmore College will be the latest to face an investigation by the U.S. Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights for possible violations of federal law, OCR announced Friday. Students complaints filed under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Clery Act allege that administrators mishandled cases of sexual assault, underreported statistics, and retaliated against students, the Huffington Post reported. On Monday, students who helped prompt recent complaints at Swarthmore and other campuses nationwide rallied outside the department’s offices in Washington, urging OCR and Education Secretary Arne Duncan to better enforce Title IX.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories