Faculty members at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York are angry that President Karen Gould has rejected the choices of professors to lead three departments, making her own selections instead, The Wall Street Journal reported. Gould maintains that she has the right to pick department chairs, but faculty members say that the norm is to respect professors' votes, particularly if departments are well-managed and certain choices have broad support.
- Controversy grows over pro-Palestinian event at Brooklyn College
- Adjunct Wins Back Course
- Political Purge or Quality Control?
- Tenure as a Tarnished Brass Ring
- Uncomfortable Chairs
- 'The Black Academic's Guide to Winning Tenure -- Without Losing Your Soul'
- new school occupation ends peacefully
- Accreditor Eyes Course Outsourcing
Search for Jobs