- Can Canada Attract American Students?
- What’s New at University of Venus? 7 January 2012
- New presidents provosts CSU Coe Cogswell Ivy Tech Manhattan McGill Niagara WSU-Tri Cities
- Quick Takes: Dead Bear With Obama Posters Left on Campus, More Criticism for VCU, Education Doctorates, Tops in Enrollment, Madison's Quest for Military Historian, Interim Leader Quits at Miss. State, Fake Degrees Probed, McGill Chancellor Called Racist
- In Canada, a Bid to Retain Top Talent From Abroad
Universities in Canada are increasingly concerned that a strike by foreign service workers will affect the ability of international students to obtain their visas in time to enroll for the fall semester. “That’s a real possibility that there will be students missing in the ranks,” McGill University’s dean of students, André Costopoulos, told CBC News.
“This is the time of year when international students have got choices,” Paul Davidson, the president of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada told the CBC’s Ottawa Morning radio program. “They have applied to universities in the United Kingdom, in Australia, in the United States and in Canada, and the country that gets them their visa fastest has the best chance of getting those students. So the job action with the visa applications backlogging is a real barrier for international students getting to Canada for this September.”
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories