A Minnesota jury has ordered Globe University, a for-profit institution, to pay $400,000 to Heidi Weber, who said she was fired for accusing the institution of using false and misleading job placement statistics, The Star Tribune reported. Weber sued under a Minnesota law designed to protect whistle-blowers. Globe said that she was dismissed for legitimate reasons.
- Argosy University cuts adjunct pay for online courses
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau sues ITT, alleges predatory loan scheme
- Significant Victory for Students or Small Potatoes?
- Quick Takes: Boston Limits Off-Campus Housing, Germany vs. U.S. Ph.D.'s, Kaplan Sued by Ex-Employees, Threat on Gossip Site Leads to Arrest, Hawaii May Alter Dorm Rules, Rohrabacher vs. Gates, Ohio State vs. R.J. Reynolds, New Argument for Higher Ed
- Essay questions mandatory arbitration clauses for students in for-profit higher education
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories