As part of its orientation events, Ball State University picked a freshman at random and gave him the chance -- by hitting a half-court basketball shot -- of winning a semester's free tuition. Markus Burden stunned his fellow students by hitting the shot. And since he's from out of state, the free semester's tuition is worth $11,084. The Indianapolis Star has the details.
- The Academic Performance Tournament
- Universities create programs so STEM majors earn 2nd degree in a foreign language
- Paying for College, Sometimes With Blood
- Sanders enters presidential campaign and touts free tuition plan
- Free, If You Can Get It
- Can Cooper Union survive without tuition?
- Just Do It?
- Chicago joins Tennessee with tuition-free community college plan
Search for Jobs