MALDEF, the Latino civil rights organization, on Tuesday announced a suit against Pomona College over the tenure denial of Alma Martinez, who had taught in the theater and dance department. The suit says that the college discriminated against Martinez on the basis of her gender and national origin. While details of the alleged discrimination were not provided, the MALDEF statement said that Martinez had unanimous backing for tenure from her department. A college spokesman told The Los Angeles Times that there was no bias involved in the decision, but that he could not discuss the case because it is in litigation.
- Scholars consider appropriate background to teach women's studies
- Penn State Faculty Form AAUP Chapter
- Interview with Paul Le Blanc on 'A Freedom Budget for All Americans'
- Student Account of Sex Harassment Abroad Strikes Chord
- Different Tactics to Help City College of San Francisco
- Report Urges Bankruptcy Protection for Risky Student Loans
- Obama plan on college costs coming this week
- Google Glass beta test generates excitement, innovation among medical professionals
Search for Jobs