- Five-time president in hot water again, suspended by board following accusations of lavish spending
- In fifth presidency, Evan Dobelle faces many allegations that ended his fourth
- Quick Takes: Alleged Conflicts of Interest at Cambridge College, Call for Reform in Engineering, $2.5M for Dorm Death Suit, Big Bond Plan for Virginia, New Member for 5 Presidencies Club, Progress for New Jersey's Medical University
- New Presidents or Provosts: Collins College, Freed-Hardeman U., King Abdullah U. of Science and Tech, Loyola Marymount U., Luna CC, SUNY Cobleskill, SUNY College of Tech at Alfred, Westfield State College
- A new book explains how college presidents and boards can avoid leadership disasters
A donor has withdrawn a planned $100,000 contribution to Westfield State College to protest what he called the "lavish spending" of President Evan Dobelle, whose personal charges to a university foundation account have him under intense scrutiny, The Boston Globe reported. John P. Walsh, who heads a cosmetics company, told the Globe that he was "appalled" at Dobelle's behavior, in which he reportedly made extensive (and expensive) personal charges for significant out-of-state and international travel, among other things. Dobelle released a statement to the Globe in which he said Walsh had never formally pledged the money he is said to be withdrawing, and that he expected a report to be released today to find that there were "no personal expenses at issue."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories