Pearson will expands its partnership with the adaptive learning technology company Knewton to offer MyLab and Mastering products to six new subject areas this fall, the education company announced on Thursday. MyLab and Mastering, e-tutoring products that "continuously [assess] student performance and activity in real time," have been available since fall 2012 for students in math, economics, reading and writing. With the addition of topics including biology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, physics, finance and accounting, Pearson estimates the products will reach about 400,000 students.
- Pearson and Knewton: Big Data and the Promise of Personalized Learning
- Arizona St. and Knewton's grand experiment with adaptive learning
- New Battleground for Publishers
- Adapting to Developmental Ed
- For-profits lead the way as adaptive learning becomes more popular
- What Are Your Plans for All That Student Data?
- Freeing the LMS
- 3 EDUCAUSE 2013 Predictions
Search for Jobs