Georgetown University is today announcing the largest gift in its history, $100 million from Frank H. McCourt Jr., a former owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, The Washington Post reported. The funds will be used to elevate a public policy program to a full-fledged school at the university.
- Quick Takes: Calif. Community College Chancellor Resigns, $100M to Eliminate Loans at Chicago, High Graduation Rates With Low-Income Students, Impact of Debt on Students, Lenders' Code of Conduct, Apple Unveils iTunes U., Textbook Report Previewed
- Quick Takes: Harvard Loses $350M, Dueling Charges at Eastern Mich., Corinthian to Pay $6.5M, $100M for Nursing School, Size vs. Ethics, Cambridge Settles Suit, Graduates Who Teach, Protest on Proposed Overhead Cap, Suit Rejected on Admitting Men
- Quick Takes: SMU Faculty Splits on Bush Center, More Scrutiny on Lender, Ex-Instructor Admits Fraud, Open Source Project, Study on Possible Alumni Cancer Cluster, GAO on Overhead, $100M for Psychiatric Research, Nobel Theft, Booze and Vomit at Cambridge
- Quick Takes: Secret Tobacco Contract at Virginia Commonwealth, $100M Gift for Chairs at Okla. State, Judge Approves Sale of Myers U., Smith Drops SAT, When a Morehouse Man Is Gay, Technology Layoffs, Theory on Student Drownings, Furor Over IQ
- Quick Takes: Replies on Earmarks, $100M for Yeshiva, Universities Praise Picks for Panel, Strike Suspended at Eastern Michigan, Elite Colleges Urged to Diversify High Schools, Grants for Black Colleges, Stanford Bans Drug Company Gifts, Hack at MIT
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories