Former Stony Brook Instructor Among Victims in Kenya
September 24, 2013
Kofi Awoonor, a Ghanian poet who taught creative writing and African literature at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, was among those killed in the terrorist attack on a mall in Kenya. Awoornor was also a Stony Brook alumnus.
- A look at St. Lawrence University's study abroad program in Kenya
- Quick Takes: Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill to Bar Stem Cell Research, $100 Million for Tufts, Stony Brook Buys Campus, Georgia Provost Cracks Down on Skipped Classes, Tri-State Lifts Gag Rule, UNH Apologizes to 501 Alumni Incorrectly Listed as Dead
- New Presidents or Provosts: College of the Bahamas, Miami U., Millikin U., U. of Louisiana at Monroe, U. of Minnesota, U. of Wisconsin Colleges
- Quality of Graduates in Africa
- New Presidents or Provosts: Babson College, Bethel U. (Minn.), Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Tidewater CC-Virginia Beach campus, U. of Kansas, U. of Massachusetts-Amherst
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Founded in 1990, the University of Washington Bothell was created to bring the world-renowned University of Washington traditions of academic...
Called "Possibly the most underrated little university west of the Mississippi" by CBS's Dan Rather, Sul Ross State University in West Texas boasts a...