Former Stony Brook Instructor Among Victims in Kenya
September 24, 2013
Kofi Awoonor, a Ghanian poet who taught creative writing and African literature at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, was among those killed in the terrorist attack on a mall in Kenya. Awoornor was also a Stony Brook alumnus.
- A look at St. Lawrence University's study abroad program in Kenya
- Quick Takes: Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill to Bar Stem Cell Research, $100 Million for Tufts, Stony Brook Buys Campus, Georgia Provost Cracks Down on Skipped Classes, Tri-State Lifts Gag Rule, UNH Apologizes to 501 Alumni Incorrectly Listed as Dead
- New Presidents or Provosts: College of the Bahamas, Miami U., Millikin U., U. of Louisiana at Monroe, U. of Minnesota, U. of Wisconsin Colleges
- Quality of Graduates in Africa
- New Presidents or Provosts: Babson College, Bethel U. (Minn.), Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Tidewater CC-Virginia Beach campus, U. of Kansas, U. of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Drunk Support
- How to Talk Science
- Paying a Price for Moving Up in Athletics
Search for Jobs
Cedar Rapids, IA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
North Dartmouth, MA
Coe College is a selective, private, nationally recognized four-year coeducational liberal arts institution providing superior educational...
Columbus State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is located 100 miles southwest of Atlanta on the banks of the churning...