Salem State University was on lockdown for hours Wednesday afternoon as police sought a suspect in the alleged stabbing of a female rider and male driver on a university shuttle bus. Students and staff were ordered to shelter in place and classes were canceled for the day, as officials warned the suspect may have returned to campus. Salem State lifted the lockdown mid-afternoon as police released a photo of the 25-year-old suspect.
- What I Did on My Summer Vacation
- Campus and Community Violence
- College merger negotiations are long and complicated
- Last Week's Campus Lockdowns
- Gunshots in the Distance
- U.S. Official No 'Textbook Rebel'
- Many campuses see lockdowns and bomb threats
- Shooter kills one, injures others at Seattle Pacific U.
Search for Jobs